Reuters reported on August 2 that Aetna Inc will pull out of Maryland's health insurance exchange under ACA. Apparently that's after the state told Aetna to lower its proposed 2014 rates by up to 29 percent.
Which reminds me - I was a bartender at Busch Stadium back in the late 60's. One oppressively hot St Louis afternoon we ran out of beer. (Not for long, but we did run out.) A thirsty fan asked me how much for a beer. I told him we were temporarily out. He then insisted to know how much for a beer. I told him "Mister it's free. We give it away whenever we run out."
Is that Maryland's strategy too? Let's see how that works.
Meanwhile, I think I hear two trains coming this way. Don't you?
Sabtu, 03 Agustus 2013
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Recent Posts
Popular Posts
-
Bob recently posted about the act of balance billing by providers . While I would never question Bob’s expertise in the field of insurance, ...
-
So it appears that women "of a certain age" may well benefit from not one, but two shots of the good stuff: " A glass or two...
-
Given the high stakes ObamneyCare © SCOTUS case , the on-going MLR assault , and the pending PCIP implosion , what better time could there ...
-
The "PR" in this case being Paul Ryan. We've been pretty rough on the AMA (whose membership, IB readers may recall, " rep...
-
Last week, we reported on the unlikely story of an agent facing major problems for selling an annuity to an 83-year-old. Today comes word t...
-
Five years ago, we participated in the "Project 2,996" campaign to remember and honor those killed in 9/11. Today, on the 10th ann...
-
For those in the path of Hurricane/TS Sandy (and/or for those who may face other severe weather conditions) the Insurance Information Instit...
-
From the "I told you so" files: Back in January , we observed that, even though the ObamaTax had heavy union backing, there was so...
-
I love it when the government supports my theory. The theory in this case is that we will go metric before we go ICD -10. Towards that...
-
It amazes me how often I see comments like this from Jodi Kantor of the NY Times: " By summer 2009, with the country still stunned by e...
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar