Avik Roy has done a good job explaining some of the financial misconceptions our Governor has used in proposing Medicaid Expansion in Ohio.
Not discussed are the common sense social problems with expanding it. Simply: why bother working? When I was younger and wanted money, I got a job. When that wasn't enough, or I wanted a new car or paid myself to go to school, I got a second job. There have been a couple times in my life I held had three jobs. 70 to 80 hour work weeks were not uncommon; even now, with one job, 70 hours is not uncommon.
Our present-day welfare state, on the other hand, discourages work. Work just a little, be sure to show less than $15,000 in income on paper, and you can qualify for all sorts of benefits:
·Free Health Insurance under Medicaid Expansion
·Free food and spending cash with your EBT card
·Housing assistance
·Utility Assistance
·Education Assistance
Why get a second job or work more hours and lose all the free benefits? I see McDonald's and other fast food companies that are looking for workers. How can we have this level of unemployment and demand for assistance but unfilled entry level jobs? That is a sure sign government assistance has supplanted the need to work.
We might have a Republican Governor in Ohio but we need a Conservative to replace him.
Senin, 11 Februari 2013
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Recent Posts
Popular Posts
-
So it appears that women "of a certain age" may well benefit from not one, but two shots of the good stuff: " A glass or two...
-
Given the high stakes ObamneyCare © SCOTUS case , the on-going MLR assault , and the pending PCIP implosion , what better time could there ...
-
Bob recently posted about the act of balance billing by providers . While I would never question Bob’s expertise in the field of insurance, ...
-
Last week, we reported on the unlikely story of an agent facing major problems for selling an annuity to an 83-year-old. Today comes word t...
-
The "PR" in this case being Paul Ryan. We've been pretty rough on the AMA (whose membership, IB readers may recall, " rep...
-
Five years ago, we participated in the "Project 2,996" campaign to remember and honor those killed in 9/11. Today, on the 10th ann...
-
For those in the path of Hurricane/TS Sandy (and/or for those who may face other severe weather conditions) the Insurance Information Instit...
-
From the "I told you so" files: Back in January , we observed that, even though the ObamaTax had heavy union backing, there was so...
-
To present your beloved with what he or she really wants on Valentine's Day: Nothing Says “I Love You” Like Life Insurance Valentine’s ...
-
HHS Secretary Shecantbeserious may be relaxing some privacy rules: " The Department of Health and Human Services says patients should h...
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar