Many people disagree with the current and further intrusion into our healthcare by Government. They say government is taking too active of a role in what should be a personal matter. On my way to the office this morning I had the realization this argument might already be long gone.
For a brief moment driving to the office I was stuck behind the town leaf vacuum. For those not living in parts of the country with lots of trees, there is a city truck that drives around vacuuming leaves from people's yards. If we have outsourced such trivial matters as raking leaves to the government, managing our own health must no longer be possible.
In an ironic twist healthplans now pay us to exercise, i.e. to do something like raking the leaves. I think it is a short matter of time until we have cap and trade for calories. Don't worry I'm sure for a small fee we will be able to buy burned calorie credits from someone more willing to rake the leaves.
Minggu, 11 November 2012
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Recent Posts
Popular Posts
-
So it appears that women "of a certain age" may well benefit from not one, but two shots of the good stuff: " A glass or two...
-
Given the high stakes ObamneyCare © SCOTUS case , the on-going MLR assault , and the pending PCIP implosion , what better time could there ...
-
Bob recently posted about the act of balance billing by providers . While I would never question Bob’s expertise in the field of insurance, ...
-
Last week, we reported on the unlikely story of an agent facing major problems for selling an annuity to an 83-year-old. Today comes word t...
-
The "PR" in this case being Paul Ryan. We've been pretty rough on the AMA (whose membership, IB readers may recall, " rep...
-
Five years ago, we participated in the "Project 2,996" campaign to remember and honor those killed in 9/11. Today, on the 10th ann...
-
For those in the path of Hurricane/TS Sandy (and/or for those who may face other severe weather conditions) the Insurance Information Instit...
-
From the "I told you so" files: Back in January , we observed that, even though the ObamaTax had heavy union backing, there was so...
-
To present your beloved with what he or she really wants on Valentine's Day: Nothing Says “I Love You” Like Life Insurance Valentine’s ...
-
HHS Secretary Shecantbeserious may be relaxing some privacy rules: " The Department of Health and Human Services says patients should h...
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar