Some days I wonder why I even bother answering the phone . . .
Hello
Hi Bob, this is Greg. We talked last year about health insurance and it was too expensive then but I understand premiums have dropped under the Obama plan.
Really? Premiums in my world are going up more than they would if not for Obamacare.
Well I heard they are going down and the health insurance companies can't turn anyone down because of a medical condition.
True, but that starts in 2014.
We now want to look at a group plan. My wife has a business and we think some of them might like to buy health insurance. Can you come out next week, show us some rates and tell us how it works? We know the group rates are much lower so we can probably afford something then.
For starters, group health rates are at least double a comparable individual major medical plan. The carrier will require the company to pay at least 50% of the employee cost and you must have at least 75% of the eligible employees participate. If your participation does not meet the requirements you have to pay more of the premium.
That can't be. My accountant bought a group plan and it was less premium. They didn't have to cover any of their employees.
I have only been doing this since 1975. Perhaps the rules changed last week and I didn't get the memo. How long has your accountant been writing health insurance?
I don't know why anyone would buy health insurance unless they were sick. It is so expensive now, young people can't afford it. That's why we have our kids on PeachCare (SCHIP) because it is free and better than any health insurance plan we would have to pay for. The government made health insurance affordable for kids, why not adults?
It sure seems like you have a handle on things. Obviously I can't help you. Have a nice day.
Senin, 06 Agustus 2012
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Recent Posts
Popular Posts
-
So it appears that women "of a certain age" may well benefit from not one, but two shots of the good stuff: " A glass or two...
-
Given the high stakes ObamneyCare © SCOTUS case , the on-going MLR assault , and the pending PCIP implosion , what better time could there ...
-
Bob recently posted about the act of balance billing by providers . While I would never question Bob’s expertise in the field of insurance, ...
-
The "PR" in this case being Paul Ryan. We've been pretty rough on the AMA (whose membership, IB readers may recall, " rep...
-
Five years ago, we participated in the "Project 2,996" campaign to remember and honor those killed in 9/11. Today, on the 10th ann...
-
Last week, we reported on the unlikely story of an agent facing major problems for selling an annuity to an 83-year-old. Today comes word t...
-
For those in the path of Hurricane/TS Sandy (and/or for those who may face other severe weather conditions) the Insurance Information Instit...
-
From the "I told you so" files: Back in January , we observed that, even though the ObamaTax had heavy union backing, there was so...
-
HHS Secretary Shecantbeserious may be relaxing some privacy rules: " The Department of Health and Human Services says patients should h...
-
An overarching theme here at IB has been that health care costs drive health insurance costs. While this may seem obvious to us, it bears ...
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar